THE 4TH SUNDAY IN LENT
14 March 2021
Welcome to worship! It’s good to be able to worship together in person once again! We extend a special welcome to our guests, and invite them to sign the guest book at the back of the sanctuary. Unfortunately, however, we are not yet able to resume our after-service fellowship time. Please remember to follow the protocols that we established for our in-person services last fall (see below).
John will continue recording an abbreviated version of the service each week and uploading it to YouTube, for those who don’t yet feel comfortable attending services in person. He will continue sending out the YouTube link by e-mail each Sunday, along with the service script.
The reader today is Charlie Clifford.
The Greeter for this month is Shauna-Lei Leslie.
This Week in First Church:
– Tuesday, 7:00 p.m. – Bible study, by Zoom
– Friday, 2 April, 10:30 a.m. – Good Friday service
– Sunday, 18 April – Annual Meeting (re-rescheduled – see below)
Protocols – In order to comply with government-imposed restrictions, and to protect each other from transmission of the COVID-19 virus, please follow these protocols in our Sunday services, until further notice:
– Use the South entrance to enter, and the Office entrance (at the front of the sanctuary) to leave
– Mask required (a limited number of masks will be available for those who don’t have one)
– Must physically distance from others (except your household)
– Do not sit right at the aisle
– If possible, sit in the same spot each week
– Pick up a purple card from the table at the back, and, when you leave, use it to mark the spot where you sat, so that those sanitizing the pews after the service know which pews need to be sanitized.
– Offering plate is at the back as you come in
– No standing for hymns, but can sing softly, or hum
– Each week, bring your own cushion and/or Bible if desired
– Prefer that washrooms not be used
– There will be no coffee/fellowship hour
– Refrain from shaking hands, etc.
– The names of attenders will be recorded each Sunday, so that we have a record of who attended on which Sunday, in case contract tracing should need to be done later.
Full announcements here