THE 23RD SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
SOUP KITCHEN SUNDAY
13 November 2022
Welcome! We extend a warm welcome to our guests, and invite you to sign the guest book at the back of the sanctuary. Everyone is invited to remain for coffee and fellowship, downstairs in the Church Hall, following the service.
The Greeters this month are Bruce and Lisa Sneesby.
The Reader today is Philip Dunn.
This Week in First Church:
– Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. – Presbytery meeting at Neepawa
– Friday, 10:00 a.m. – Synod meeting, by Zoom
– Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – Men’s Breakfast
– Wednesday, 23 November, 5:00 p.m. – Meal-in-a-Bowl Supper
– Sunday, 27 November – First Sunday of Advent
– Sunday, 27 November – Deadline for submissions for the December Newsletter
– Sunday, 4 December – Hanging-of-the-Greens service
Soup Kitchen Sunday – Today is our tenth annual “Soup Kitchen Sunday”. On this day, we affirm and celebrate the ministry of the First Presbyterian Soup Kitchen, and express our thanks for the many volunteers and donors who support and participate in this ministry, including churches, Hutterite colonies, organizations, businesses, and suppliers.
Special thanks to Shelly Burton (coordinator), Gloria Nichols (assistant coordinator) and Henry Riendeau (treasurer)! Thanks also to the other members of the Soup Kitchen Committee