Our summer schedule is over and we are back to regular services
This Week in First Church:
– Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. – Presbytery meeting, by Zoom
– Tuesday, 13 Sept., 7:00 p.m. – Bible study begins
– Wednesday, 14 Sept., 6:30 p.m. – Finance & Maintenance Committee meeting
– Sunday, 18 Sept. – Deadline for submissions for the September Newsletter
– Saturday, 24 Sept., 9:00 a.m. – Men’s Breakfasts begin
Protocols Dropped – At its meeting on the 25th of August, the Session decided to discontinue the remaining pandemic protocols for our Sunday services. Among other things, this means that we will go back to using hymnbooks and pew Bibles, and gathering the Offering the way we used to do. Those who wish to continue wearing a mask and/or using hand sanitizer should feel free to do so, however.
Retirement – As John announced by e-mail last Sunday, he is applying to retire from the Ministry of Word and Sacrament as of 1 January 2023. Glenn Ball (St. Andrew’s, Brandon) is applying to retire at the same time, as well. The Presbytery will meet by Zoom this Wednesday evening (the 7th) at 7:00, to deal with both applications to retire. The Zoom link will be sent out by e-mail ahead of time, and anyone in the congregation who would like to observe the proceedings is welcome to do so.
Full announcements here