THE 3RD SUNDAY IN LENT
7 March 2021
Good News! The Session decided this past week, in light of the latest Public Health orders, that we will resume our in-person services beginning next Sunday, 14 March! Today is the last day that we will be holding our services by Zoom, then. However, John will go back to recording an abbreviated service each week and uploading it to YouTube, for those who don’t yet feel comfortable attending services in person. He will continue sending out the YouTube link by e-mail each Sunday, along with the service script.
The reader today is Gwen Henwood, and Keith Kelly is preaching the sermon. We thank them for taking part in leading today’s service!
This Week in First Church:
– Tuesday, 7:00 p.m. – Bible study, by Zoom
– Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. – Finance & Maintenance Committee
– Sunday, 14 March – Daylight Saving Time begins
– Sunday, 14 March – In-person services resume!
– Sunday, 18 April – Annual Meeting (re-rescheduled – see below)
Protocols – In order to comply with government-imposed restrictions, and to protect each other from transmission of the COVID-19 virus, please follow these protocols in our Sunday services, until further notice:
– Use the South entrance to enter, and the Office entrance (at the front of the sanctuary) to leave
– Mask required (a limited number of masks will be available for those who don’t have one)
– Must physically distance from others (except your household)
– Do not sit right at the aisle
– If possible, sit in the same spot each week
– Pick up a purple card from the table at the back, and, when you leave, use it to mark the spot where you sat, so that those sanitizing the pews after the service know which pews need to be sanitized.
– Offering plate is at the back as you come in
– No standing for hymns, but can sing softly, or hum
– Each week, bring your own cushion and/or Bible if desired
– Prefer that washrooms not be used
– There will be no coffee/fellowship hour
– Refrain from shaking hands, etc.
– The names of attenders will be recorded each Sunday, so that we have a record of who attended on which Sunday, in case contract tracing should need to be done later.
Rescheduled – The Session has again postponed our Annual Meeting, this time to Sunday, 18 April, in the hope that conditions will have improved enough by then that we will be able to meet in person. Nevertheless, the Annual Report will still be made available next Sunday, the 14th.
Newsletter – The March issue of the congregational Newsletter is being distributed this weekend. For those who don’t have e-mail, hard copies are being sent out by regular mail. Many thanks to Lisa Sneesby for putting the Newsletter together, and to Mardine Garnham for printing and mailing the hard copies!
Envelopes – Offering envelopes for 2021 are now available. They can be picked up at the church during regular office hours, from Tuesday to Saturday. Please use the office entrance. Note that John goes home for lunch every day, and that the office is closed during the noon hour.
Reading – If you would like to take a turn reading the scripture readings in one of our upcoming services, please let John know.